Last Oasis new update
Last Oasis’ major ‘LOverhaul’ update delivers a vastly improved and rewarding experience for first-time players and experienced nomads with the introduction of PvE gameplay. Build fixed bases as a starting point, gather resources and schematics to improve technology, and craft giant Walker machines to boldly explore the new PvE landscapes of Last Oasis.
The new PvE content also adds more cooperative and strategic elements to battles. Newcomers can build their skills and equipment solo or in a group while defeating increasingly difficult enemies. Get ready for long fights against giant Papak frogs and Gogo boulder monsters the size of a mountain! PvE players can explore and build at their own pace, and can later join PvP servers to take on challenges that yield greater resources and loot rewards.
Last Oasis Season 5 trailer
‘LOverhaul’ also introduces gameplay improvements made purely for solo gameplay, including automatons and remote weapons that allow lone wolf nomads to engage in combat while driving their Walker. Solo players no longer need to ally with clans consisting of hundreds of players just to survive. Larger clans might engage in power-grabbing wars and lead the economy, but cunning traders, skilled mercenaries, agile hunters and adventurous pirates will find themselves better suited for the solo experience
“The Season 5 ‘LOverhaul’ update was designed to attract new and returning players through the introduction of PvE-focused maps and gameplay that is both welcoming and offers a more cooperative way to progress,” says Donkey Crew’s Creative Director and Last Oasis Project Lead, Florian Hoffreither. “Whether their journey is solo-focused or players decide to team-up with friends, we’ve overhauled the gameplay loop to provide new and thrilling moments centered around exploration, crafting, and monster hunting that offers something for every playstyle in the oasis.”
Last Oasis Season 5 Features
- PvE Maps – Nomads can play at their own pace solo or with a small group of friends. Higher tier PvE maps will offer higher risk, but, also, better rewards.
- Giant Monsters – Experience colossal monster challenges and earn new technology and resources by taking down enormous boss-type creatures. Many of them have also been tamed by Rupus and have siege weapons attached to them on wooden platforms for the ultimate challenge.
- New Siege Weapon Types – Players now have access to a variety of new weapons to use in both PvE and PvP, including Stingers, Rokkers, and many more. All of them can be controlled by the Walker driver.
- Automatons and Remote Weapons – Solo players can rely on independent technology to wipe out foes while they worry about steering their walker in the right direction. No clan? No problem!
- Schematics – Schematics allow players to craft or build specific items or structures with ease, thus completely transforming progression and the player-run economy.
- Completely Overhauled Travel System – Leave your base behind more frequently in search of unique resources found across Last Oasis’ massive world map. Pick your adventuring destination and return home with massive loot!
- Smarter Creatures – All creatures have unique patterns of behavior, attacks, and other features. Players can fight them both on Walkers and on the ground, depending on size and temperament.
- New Rupu Types and Overhauled Rupu Camps – Fortified enemy Rupu camps will require careful planning and preparation to raid. Those with manned Rupu weapons will also need a strong Walker to survive.
In Last Oasis, players roam a post-apocalyptic open-world as nomads strive to survive amidst a scorching sun. Traverse the Earth’s sandy expanse on wind-powered land ships known as Walkers and transform them to suit your needs. Gather resources from warring clans to keep yourself and your species alive, or explore the new PvE maps and content to establish yourself as a powerful nomad.
Last Oasis’ Season 5 ‘LOverhaul’ update is now available on PC via Steam Early Access, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S.